Wednesday, May 21, 2003

The Future's So Bright...I've Gotta Wear Shades

I've been thinking about what to talk about in the final edition of the Deuce Daily. Today is my first day back to work and I am soooo tired that I am not going to talk about anything in particular.

I just wanted to say how humbling it has been for me to see and hear the reactions, compliments, etc. that I have received over the last 8 months from readers all over the country. People who don't even know me have e-mailed me thoughts and stories of their pregnancies. Thanks to everyone for making this so fun for me.

I've already begun to mold the website. I've posted several times there in the last week or so. Please set your bookmarks to www.67167.blogspot.com because it will always be updated with stories about Elijah and Hannah and, of course, with pictures and audio as well. I am also working on getting some video up on the site. I am learning and it's a slow process.

A message board will soon be added to the site so please go there and say hello. You will have a chance to post your own pictures and tell your stories. It will be a virtual family.

So...without further adeu...I am off to my full time job of being a dad to two beautiful children. I don't know what it means, but several people have told me I have a "rich man's family" now because I have a boy and a girl. I guess they are right. I certainly do feel like a rich man. Tired....but rich!

I leave you with one final story....when Elijah and Hannah bonded for the first time it was a moment I will NEVER forget. It was our first day home with Hannah - last Friday the 16th. Elijah was holding Hannah for the first time on his lap. He was gently touching her head and talking about her and at the end he said, "I love Deuce and Deuce loves me." I got it on video. You wanna talk about precious video?? Fahhhhhhh-get about it! Everyone who sees it sheds a tear. You can't help it. It's my life the last week. I have a lot to be thankful for. For some reason, I've been blessed with two angels. I plan to make the best of it.

Peace and love to everyone.

Forever I remain...

dad
(times two!) :-)

No comments: